Partake in the ritual that is the Sunday Roast with a hearty, brain healthy roasted fish.
Apart from providing you with a healthy dose of Omega 3’s (‘essential thinny acids’), because you are roasting portions of fish, your Sunday roast won’t be an all day kitchen affair.
Rather, kick back, relax,add some high fibre non starchy vegetables to keep those carbs down, and you have an indulgent meal fit for a Queen.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 6 carrots, peeled and cut into quarters
- ½ head of cauliflower, cut into pieces
- 8 garlic cloves (unpeeled)
- 4 rosemary sprigs,
- 2 tbs olive oil or macadamia oil (Do not use Vegetable Oil and save your Extra Virgin for Dressings not roasting!)
- 500g button mushrooms, halved
- 4 x 200g blue eye fillets (or other firm white fish)
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Lay out your carrots, cauliflower, garlic and rosemary sprigs in a roasting pan, then drizzle with a Tbs of oil and season with salt and pepper. Mix this around to combine and then bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Add mushrooms to roasting pan, drizzle with 1 tbs oil and mix again. Bake for 15 minutes, turning once or twice, or until vegetables are golden and almost soft.
- Once the mushrooms are in the oven, heat up a large oiled fry pan on high heat. Cook your fish, skin side down for 2 minutes or until crisp.
- In a separate roasting pan, lined with baking paper, place the fish, skin side up and bake for 5-8 minutes or until cooked through.
- To serve, divide your fish, vegetables and garlic among separate plates and scatter with a fresh herb of your choice and drizzle with some balsamic and roasting juices.