Can you believe it is the end of January already?
It goes without saying then that Australians nationwide will be firing up the Barbie and throwing another shrimp on it (despite the fact we don’t eat them…nor rarely know what one is)
Here at Hypoxi – we love any excuse for a celebration- but why let Australia day ruin your weight loss goals?
We’ve come up with a finger licking prawn recipe that pays homage to some unique Australian ingredients – lemon myrtle and macadamia.
So invite the friends over, push the blokes aside, whip out your BBQ skills and show them what a true Australian prawn is made of.
AUSSIE LEMON MYRTLE PRAWNS
- 1/4 cup macadamia oil
- 2 tsp ground lemon myrtle (available from most delicatessens – substitute with lemon zest if unavailable)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1kg Green King prawns
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- Aioli, to serve
- Combine the macadamia oil, ground lemon myrtle, wine and garlic in a bowl.
- Add prawns to marinade and allow to sit for an hour in the fridge.
- Remove prawns from marinade.
- Cook the prawns on the preheated barbecue or chargrill in batches for 5 minutes or until the prawns change colour and are cooked through.
Serve straight from the barbecue with lemon wedges on a bed of baby spinach and rocket.