These yummy banana squares are gluten-free, sugar-free and taste like heaven. Perfect as a breakfast treat or an afternoon snack to get your guilt-free sweet hit! The addition of yogurt in this cake batter makes them moist and fluffy and they are a delicious alternative to calorie-heavy banana bread!
(Makes 14 squares)
- 2 bananas
- 300g of ground almonds
- 100g of butter
- 1/2 tsp of stevia or 2 tbsp of honey
- 100 g of whole milk yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 2 TBSP coconut oil
- Set oven to 180°C.
- In a food processor blend the ground almonds, 1 banana (just the fruit) butter, eggs and stevia.
- Slowly add in the yogurt to the food processor, when it is fully mixed turn the food processor off.
- Slice the other banana into slithers.
- Grease a baking tray with coconut oil and evenly place the cake mixture.
- Place the sliced banana on top, creating whatever pattern you desire
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 – 12 minutes.
- Serve warm or you can refrigerate for up to a week.