Mexican Chicken Salad with Lime Dressing
For summer comfort food, there is nothing we love better than Mexican food: light, refreshing and the perfect sunshine fare! Mexican dishes are a crowd favourite, but they’re often loaded with cheese and fatty ingredients. We have sourced this healthy Mexican salad recipe so that you can get your fix of Mexican cuisine, but minus the hefty calories!
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh pomegranate juice
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups arugula salad leaves
- 1/2 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced peeled avocado
- 2 x shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 1/4 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- 4 teaspoons pine nuts, toasted
To make the dressing: Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Add olive oil, and stir with a whisk to combine.
To make the salad: Add the arugula salad leaves to a bowl, then add the red onion, avocado and shredded chicken. Lightly toss with the dressing. To serve, place 1 cup salad on each of the 4 plates. Top each with 1 tablespoon pomegranate seeds and 1 teaspoon toasted pine nuts. Serve with a wedge of lime and cut- up some warm wholemeal tortilla triangles as a side.