We all saw the shots of Miranda Kerr and her colleagues, strutting their stuff at the David Jones Swimwear launch recently.
And with the spate of warm weather hitting our shores it is hard not to get a little bit worried about the pending swimming cossie season that is upon us!
Rather than letting these photos intimidate you – relish the fact that in this day and age- the beauty products available to the wealthy elite are just as accessible and affordable for the average Australian women who wants it all and by 5pm today. If you have a 24 hour deadline to feel sexy in your LBD, it can be done and without stress.
So, for your own sake, take a look at the guide below and reap the benefits of a shiny happy body inside and out!
- Drink lots of water. Water can also come in the form of herbal tea and coconut water. Creating an all round glow begins with hydrating your skin at a cellular level. Stimulating your body’s lymphatic system with water is the cheapest, most effective way of ‘detoxing’ and will encourage your body’s process of skin renewal. And new is always so much better than old! 😉
- On the topic of drinks please steer clear of fizzy drinks. Apart from the obvious suspect origins, soft drinks are often to blame for that blown up tummy you so often complain about.
- Exfoliate, paying particular attention to those rough patches around your ankles, knees and elbows. Hypoxi LOVES Model Co’s Tan Prep Body Polish. This is another way of stimulating your body’s skin renewal process. Something which is halted when you start baking in the sun for too long.
- Get a spray tan or use an easy fake tan. We also LOVE Model Co’s TAN Air Brush in a Can And if you want to further cheat the system, once your base coat is applied, create muscle contour by going over areas such as your triceps. Drawing a line from your elbow to your shoulder will create fake toned muscle! Free muscle without so much as lifting a dumbbell is always a welcome addition to my body!
- Make sure your hands are natural, clean and orderly. A manicure isn’t necessary but sexy, moisturised hands are a must for looking the part. (And as my grandmother always told me cleanliness is next to godliness)
- Meditate – a better frame of mind is going to make you feel more giving and centered. Always sexy traits in my opinion.
So there you have it.
Quite often, ‘looking hot’ is more about knowing rather than doing. Apart from the obvious amazing tan or gorgeous nails, being ‘hot’ and having people notice how ‘hot you are’ is so much about what you bring to the table. A smile, a genuine level of engagement and interest in others will have you being the belle of the ball in no time!