If you’re hanging for a delicious and sweet treat but trying desperately to stay healthy, this recipe is perfect for you. A great little idea to impress your friends/loved ones over the holiday season too- this simple fig smoothie is guilt free and offers a great pre-HYPOXI workout carbohydrate drink. It is ideal for ensuring you burn more calories during your HYPOXI session and for the rest of the day.
Fig Smoothie Recipe
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup non-fat Greek yoghurt
- 4 fresh figs, stems removed and cut in half
- 1/2 banana
- 1 date, pitted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 scoops of ice
- Dash of cinnamon
- Add almond milk, yoghurt, ice, figs, and banana to a blender.
- Blend for about 20 to 30 seconds.
- Add date, honey, lemon juice and cinnamon.
- Blend again until fully combined and runs smooth. Serve chilled.